Sunday, July 29, 2012

breakfast is sacred

I stopped by the nearby supermarket and bought corn flakes and a small carton of milk. I'm eating some now, but I'm saving some for tomorrow, for breakfast. The one thing that's driven me a bit nuts about this country is that I don't have any way to prepare food in my apartment--not so much as a microwave. So any time I want food, I have to go out and get it from someone, which means dealing with "What am I hungry for? How much do I want to spend? What's nearby? What's open? What's healthy?"


I'm learning to deal with that for lunch and dinner, but sometimes, when you've just woken up, you don't want to have to deal with other people just to satisfy your first basic need of the day. Sometimes, you just want to eat breakfast by yourself in your pajamas while surfing the 'net on your computer.

1 comment: