I have a confession: I'm a bit of a view-count watcher. I've been watching the number of views my blog has gotten and it hit 1300 today. It's probably from about five people viewing it again and again, but still, I'm glad I've put up enough stuff often enough that you guys still find it interesting, so hooray!
That's one small confirmation email for Caitlin... one giant leap forward toward Japan. This evening I spoke with a representative from the Tokyo office of my employer company, Interac. The purpose of the phone call was to discuss a confirmed placement they had available for me, should I accept it: Hitachinaka, a city in Ibaraki Prefecture in Japan. Hitachinaka is a seaside city located about two to three hours (by train) north-east of Tokyo. As I understand it, I'd be driving between a few schools, namely elementary and jr. high schools, and there should be a few other foreigners in the area for me to learn from and make friends with while I'm settling in, which would be very welcome in a foreign country. Just now I sent an email confirmation to Interac, accepting the placement. My new destination is Hitachinaka, which I cannot yet say three times fast without getting tongue-tied but will have to learn quickly! There are some absolutely gorgeous scenery p...
Comments
Post a Comment